Three Peaks Challenge with Maximum Adventure
The Three Peaks (Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon) are the highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales. The challenge is to climb each of these three peaks - one after the other!
3 Peaks Challenge Course
- Guiding on all 3 peaks by experienced mountain leaders.
- 26 miles (42km) total horizontal distance, 3,000m (9,843ft) of vertical ascent, 3 peaks.
- This trip is best run between May and October, outside of these dates we consider it winter conditions. However, if thats what you're looking for let us know.
- Pick-up and drop-off options along the route to provide you with several different options - just choose the most convenient for you. See our transport explained section for further details.
- Expert driving team with lots of 3 Peaks experience. Please note that for safety reasons we adhere to all road traffic safety regulations.
- Set open dates for individuals to join or bespoke events for group sizes of 8 or more - just ask if the date you want is not listed.
- Many years experience in providing this challenge.
- We aim to complete the challenge within 24 hours; some groups will take less time, others more - the fitter your entire group is, the more likely you will be able to fulfill the challenge!
- You need to be pretty fit.
The Three Peaks Challenge is an attempt to climb the highest peaks in Scotland, England and Wales in 'one go'. These peaks are Ben Nevis in Scotland, Scafell Pike in England, and Snowdon in Wales. Other bespoke options are available, including doing the challenge from south to north, to discuss alternatives or any ideas you may have feel free to call our friendly team.
We travel to Fort William on the Friday, starting with Ben Nevis on the Saturday morning, climb Scafell Pike that night and finish Snowdon on Sunday in Wales. This is a tough event and people participating should have the necessary fitness and be prepared to do without sleep! If your aim is to complete the event in 24 hours then we will need to complete Ben Nevis in 5.5 hours, Scafell Pike in 4.5 hours and Snowdon in 4 hours. The standard for measuring your official total time on the event is mountain time plus a fixed 10 hour drive time. The challenge is supported by qualified mountain leaders and a driver will be with you all of the way. We'll do everything we can to get you through the challegne as quickly as possible.
We have many years experience in delivering this challenge. Over the years thousands of people have completed the event with us - we'd be delighted to help you with yours! If you want to do this challenge but think that you might benefit from sleep in between each peak, then we do offer this event over more relaxed timescales. For further details see our 3 Day 3 Peaks and 5 Day 3 Peaks Trip options.
Event Location: Ben Nevis , Fort William , PH33 6SY