Clitheroe Pool Triathlon
The Clitheroe Triathlon is a challenging course set in the Ribble Valley. It starts with a 400m pool swim, but the real fun starts on the bike as the 30k ride is 'lumpy' and includes the climb up Jeffrey Hill, onto Longridge Fell.
The run is relatively flat compared the the bike ride, it's 8k out and back on road and should be enough to make you feel happy about reaching the finish line. We get a lot of novices taking part in this event, but it is more challenging than some of our other sprint triathlon events. Don't let that put you off, it's an EPIC day out!
What do I need to enter the event?
- A roadworthy bike (mountain bikes and hybrids are acceptable) and recognised cycle helmet.
- You must be medically sound and if you have any history of illness or injury, consult your GP beforehand.
- You must be 17 years of age in the event year.
How much to enter:
The cost to enter Clitheroe Triathlon is £39 for a solo entry and £50 for a relay entry (team of 3). You are required to be a member of the British Triathlon Federation / Triathlon England for insurance purposes. If you are not already a member, you can buy a 'day license' for an additional £5 at the time on entry. Entries will close either at 12 noon on the Thursday prior to the event or when the event fills, whichever occurs first.
Included within your entry is:
- Clitheroe Triathlon finishers medal
- Clitheroe Triathlon finishers T-shirt
- Clitheroe Triathlon swim cap
- Event photographs free to download from our facebook page
Event Location: Ribblesdale Swimming Pool, Edisford Bridge, Clitheroe, BB7 3LA