The Grimsthorpe 10 Course
Set in the beautiful grounds of Grimsthorpe Castle, in the delightfully charming Lincolnshire countryside just 10mins off the A1. This event makes for a perfect summer race, whether you take on the family friendly 5k or go for the longer challenge of 13.1 miles.
The 4 routes take you past various delights within the private grounds including the castle, lake, tree lined tarmac avenues, ancient woodland along grassed paths and a victorian railway culvet. The train line no longer exists, but the 10 and 13.1 mile routes travel along this section and take you to a part of the world generally unseen by the public.
The race start/finish line will be in front of the castle along the driveway, offering a unique venue just like our other 10/10 races. We will have the usual friendly event atmosphere that we bring to all of our races, & amazing bling - making this perfect for your 1st, 2nd or 100th race!
Like our other 10/10 races we hope you'll come as a family and take the opportunity to enter the 'little legs' into the 5k race. A simple, not too challenging distance that we invite ages of 4+ along to. Plus ALL finishers receive a bespoke race medal!
We've also included the following:
- Trail Runners Association permit
- 13.1 mile run race
- 10k run race
- 10 mile run race
- 5k run/walk race
- Entries for Canicross and British Nordic Walking
- Chip timing
- Regular water stations around the course for both 2 and 4 legged runners
- Route fully marshalled and signposted
- Distance markers
- Bespoke race finishers medal for everyone
- 13.1 & 10k & 10mile Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd man & woman and 1st in age group (V40, V50, V60)
- 5k Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd man & woman and 1st, 2nd, 3rd Veteran man & woman
- Sports Therapist for post race massage
- Full medical provision
- Ideal for novice through to elite
- Race village with hot food and beverages for sale
- Little Sunshine Van providing home made cakes & hot drinks including specialist coffee & gluten free options
- Free onsite parking-please car share to save our environment.
- Bespoke hoodies & t-shirts for sale
See you on SUNDAY 25th JUNE to run around Lincolnshire's most beautiful course.