Open Water Swimming Course
The Great Scottish Swim course map is shown below including 1/2 mile, 1 mile, 2 mile and 5K distances.
For experienced swimmers who are looking for the ultimate open water challenge, the brand new 10k marathon swim is the perfect option for you.
Great Scottish Swim 10K
This event is limited to 150 participants only, so if you're keen to take part we recommend reading through the 'Are You Ready?' tips below.
The 10k will take swimmers on six laps of the existing 1 mile course and will have a 'pit-stop' after each lap to allow swimmers to come back on dry land to top up on drinking water and, if necessary, take a 5 minute breather before heading back in the water again.
The entry fee will include entry into the event, a Great Swim towel and event badge, as well as a finisher's pack and medal.
Are you ready?
This swim is a challenging distance and should be considered carefully before entering. Please read the following:
- You must be able to swim 10k, at least, in one session without stopping.
- You must be prepared to be in the water for a prolonged period of time.
- All swimmers taking on the 10k challenge must be able to complete the 10k swim continuously and unaided within four hours.
- If swimmers have not reached halfway (5k) within two hours they will not be allowed to continue.
- Swimmers should be aware that the safety team have the right to extract them from the water at any point around the course on safety and/or medical grounds.