Blackout is 5km multi-lap obstacle loaded night race. This race will launch you out of your comfort zone. It ‘ll lead you in unknown territories, testing all of your senses to the maximum as you negotiate endless & overwhelming obstacles by the light of a headtorch.
This course is designed to challenge some basic fears including darkness & heights as well as testing strength, endurance, agility, stamina & all round fitness in the harshest conditions & over the toughest obstacles. Determination, focus and a powerful mindset is needed to endure Nuclear’s night time challenge in the mud. Starting at sunset, this lap race moves quickly from dusk light into total darkness.
Just a bit of fun. Optional SUPERHERO fancy dress in this wave. (not compulsory and can be just a nod towards it)
INCLUDES BUNKER ZIPLINE OBSTACLE
- Run as many 5km laps at night as you can or would like to in 2 hours (For example, if you cross the line at 1 hour 59 minutes you can continue on your final lap and be in with a chance of winning the race)
- Muddy obstacles and terrain
- Over 30 high quality obstacles, both natural and man-made.
- Fun and challenging – suitable for all levels of fitness and age
- Involves camaraderie and teamwork
- Suitable for charities, raising awareness and fundraising
- Water on the course is no deeper than 4-5′
- Every entrant is chip-timed
- Minimum age is 16 years
- There are water stations on the course and in the event village
- Professional medical attendance in the event village and on the course
- Course health and safety checked
- Every entrant will receive a Blackout Nuclear Survivor medal and #MuddyMug with hot tea at the finish
- A water proof head torch is essential
Event Location: Kelvedon Hatch Secret Nuclear Bunker, Brentwood , CM15 0LA