SuperTri Children’s, Youth & Junior Open Water Triathlon
The event takes place at Dorney Lake, Eton (a leading venue for Senior and Elite triathlon events) giving young people the opportunity to feel what it is like to compete on a grand stage. Dorney Lake was the venue for the rowing and kayak events in the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012.
Fun Runs and Kids Events in 2020
As the name suggests a fun run is a non competitive and in many cases are designed for children to take part in, though there are also plenty for adults to enjoy too. Because no one is keeping score, these races have a much more relaxed attitude and as such many will have a theme or element to them that makes them very unique compared to usual races.
You may see many fun races where people dress up in costume and run the entire race that way – it’s all part of what makes these runs fun! More recently Colour Runs such as the Wiggle Color Vibe have become very popular amongst first time runners as they offer short distances whilst keeping things relaxed and fun.
Training for a fun running can vary a lot depending on what elements the race has to it – as such you should find out all the info you can well in advance and then tailor your training to what you need to do on the day. As mentioned though many of these races are designed with kids in mine so you may just wish to go down to one and have a great family day out at an event such as the Big Fun Run
Kids Fun Run
These types of event are fantastic for children and alot of providers offer reduced entry prices for them too. Look out for ones that allow fancy dress, they will always appeal more to children if they can run as their favorite super hero or cartoon character!
Fun Runs for Charity
There are plenty of runs where you can also raise money for a charity, you can use our charity filter in the left search to find charities that support events. They will normally set you a fundraising amound and even give you sponsorship forms to help track any money raised.
The biking and running are all on closed roads so there’s no worry about traffic. All participants are considered winners for taking part and taking on the prospect of a 100, 200, 300 or 400m open water swim followed by a 1.5, 3, 5.3 or 10.6km bike ride and 600m, 1, 1.8 or 2.5km run.
The LittleLife Scootathlon is a mini fun triathlon children between the ages of 4 and 8 where they scoot, bike and run. Boys will race with Girls at the same time in various age categories.
DISTANCES & PRICES
- British Triathlon Senior Elite and Junior Super Series 17-19 years: 750m Swim, 21.2km Bike, 5km Run £37.50*
- British Triathlon Youth Super Series 15-16 years: 400m Swim, 10.6km Bike, 2.5km Run £37.50**
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE DRAFTING 13-14 years: 300m Swim, 5.3km Bike, 2.5km Run £37.50
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE DRAFTING 11-12 years: 200m Swim, 5.3km Bike, 1.8km Run £37.50
- 15 – 18 years Youth & Junior Triathlon: 400m Swim, 10.6km Bike, 2.5km Run £37.50
- 13 – 14 years Triathlon: 300m Swim, 5.3km Bike, 2.5km Run £37.50
- 11 & 12 years Triathlon: 200m Swim, 5.3km Bike, 1.8km Run £37.50
- 9 & 10 years Triathlon: 100m Swim, 3km Bike, 1km Run £37.50
- 8 years Triathlon: 100m Swim, 1.5km Bike, 600m Run £37.50
- Scootathlon: 390m Scoot, 390m Bike, 250m Run £17
* All entries for the Male and Female Junior Super Series and Senior Elite races are subject to approval by the BTF Performance Team. The British Triathlon calendar for 2018 is still being finalised.
** All entries for the Male and Female Youth Super Series races are subject to approval by the BTF Performance Team. The British Triathlon calendar for 2018 is still being finalised.