THE running event every child wants to be part of! Over the past 6 years our Mini Marathoners and their families have told us that the Mini Marathon is so much fun because:
- Kids can walk or jog their way around the 2.62 mile route. It is not a race however if your older child really wants to test themselves and dash around the route at record speed then they can as we stagger the start according to age!
- Kids can dress up in their favourite fancy dress to run, walk or jog their way around. Just like the Virgin London Marathon, we love to see all the crazy costumes and wacky outfits the children (and adults!) wear.
- Parents can run with their child – if your child will let you that is!! If your child is aged between 5 and 7 years old a responsible adult must accompany them on the route.
- Children taking part feel a real sense of achievement when they finish the 2.62 mile route – especially after summiting up The Avenue hill!
- Every single penny raised helps support people with terminal illnesses, their families, and their carers in the London Boroughs of Royal Greenwich and Bexley. Last year the brilliant children who took part in the Mini Marathon help raise over £85,000 for their local Hospice. #amazing! The £7.50 per child registration fee covers the cost of running the event so it would be incredible if your child tried to raise as much sponsorship as they can.
- There will be a prize draw for children who raise over £50 in sponsorship – our way to thank just a few of our fantastic fundraisers.
It is best to arrive at 9:15am which means you'll be there for the warm up which starts at 9:45am. The fun begins at 10am and is 2.62 miles long.
Location: Royal Greenwich Park, Charlton Way, Greenwich, London, SE10 8QY
Age limits: *5 – 16 years *all children aged between 5 and 7 years old must run with a responsible adult
Registration Fee: £7.50 per child
T-shirts: £5.50 each a limited supply of Mini Marathons T-shirts will be available to purchase.
Maximum places: 1,800 – Mini Marathon places have sold out in the past few years so by signing up super early you can guarantee that your child has a place in THE running event every child wants to be part of!
Please note that online registration will close one week before the event on Friday 3rd May 2019 . There will NO on the day registrations!