Kids Run Free is a charity who are promoting children to regularly take part in outdoor activities, all of the events are aimed at gettings kids up and running from an early age whilst making it fun and interactive. With over 3500 already registered and serveral new loactions added for 2015, this event keeps growing in popularity year by year.
Before you come to a Kids Run Free event please register each child via the registration page. You will be allocated with a Membership Number (this is in the form of a bar code) for each child you register. Please print this off and bring to every event you attend.
On your first event, your child/ren will be given a Race Card for them to collect their stickers and a welcome free gift, please bring the Kids Run Free Race Card along to every event.
On the day
1. Arrive at 8:45am
2. Warm-ups before the race begins. Listen out for instructions from the race director!
3. When you hear your child’s group being called, head for the start line.
4. Prepare to time your child’s race - if you do not have a stop-watch, you can pick one up from one of our volunteers (limited numbers only).
5. Get ready...get steady...GO!
6. At the end of the race, make sure your child's time is recorded and a sticker fixed to his/her race card (Only one sticker per child will be awarded per event attended)
0-2 year-olds run 50m (plus subsequent races should they wish to)
3-4 year-olds run 100m (plus subsequent races should they wish to)
5-6 year-olds run 250m (plus subsequent races should they wish to)
7-8 year-olds run 500m (plus subsequent races should they wish to)
7-16 year olds can run 1000m if they think they're hard enough!