UK Fire Fighters 2UP Duathlon
The EPIC Fire Fighters '2UP' Duathlon is a unique event which takes place in March 2019 in conjunction with Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue.
It's known locally as the 'start of season social race' but there's nothing particularly 'social' about the course! The format is simple, you choose a friend or race partner and stick together throughout the run / bike / run. On the bike you are allowed to work as a pair, by 'drafting' each other, but not with other teams. The 4 miles trail run is a tough start and end to the race, with a hilly 25 mile in between, to make sure you finish with a grimace on your face. It's a fantastic event, an awesome atmosphere, lots of team rivalries and smiles all round. Grab your partner and get entered!
What do I need to enter the event?
- A roadworthy bike (mountain bikes and hybrids are acceptable) and recognised cycle helmet.
- You must be medically sound and if you have any history of illness or injury, consult your GP beforehand.
- You must be 17 years of age in the event year.
Included within your entry is:
- Firefighters Duathlon finishers medal
- Firefighters Duathlon finishers T-shirt
- Event photographs free to download from our facebook page
Event Location: Rivington & Blackrod High School, Rivington Lane , Bolton, BL6 7RU