The Parbold Duathlon takes place from the Farmer's Arms public house in Hildale near Parbold and It has become a North West classic. It's one of the oldest events on the calendar and limited to only 150 competitors.
The 5k run is a 2 loop course on undulating roads and the 18 mile cycle route is a 3 lap course which means climbing Parbold Hill 3 times, once on each lap. The atmosphere is always great, it has a 'local feel' and the racing always attracts a range of novices through to elite competitors. If you're lucky enough to get one of the limited places, you'll have an EPIC day!
What do I need to enter the event?
- A roadworthy bike (mountain bikes and hybrids are acceptable) and recognised cycle helmet.
- You must be medically sound and if you have any history of illness or injury, consult your GP beforehand.
- You must be 15 years of age in the event year. Anyone under the age of 16 must provide written parental consent at registration on the day of the event.
Included within your entry is:
- Parbold Duathlon finishers medal
- Parbold Duathlon finishers T-shirt
- Event photographs free to download from our facebook page
Event Location: The Farmers Arms, Bispham, Parbold, L40 3SL