Dragon Ride is the UK's most legendary sportive, set in the stunning Brecon Beacons, each year thousands of riders take on the rugged climbs and rural roads of Wales to slay the Dragon.
2020 will mark the first time the route has been reversed since 2012. New route, Same challenge, different beast!
98 - 298KM
Bike Event Details
There are four different route options available, making Dragon Ride suitable for any keen cyclist.
- Macmillan 100: 98km
- Medio Fondo: 161km
- Gran Fondo: 207km
- Dragon Devil: 298km
You’ll receive many event benefits and features when you enter Dragon Ride 2020 – read on to discover them!
- The UK’s most prestigious sportive
- Sweeping Alpine-like climbs
- Stunning South Wales scenery
- Famous climbs including Rhigos, Black Mountain and Devil’s Elbow
- Timed King of the Mountain competition on closed road climb
- 4,000 riders supporting each other to the finish line
- Picturesque start/finish venue with car parking and large event village
- Famous savoury food and energy products at Feed Stations
- A major tick off your cycling bucket list
The event includes:
- Finisher medal
- Well-stocked feed stations with sugary goods, savoury food, energy products and water
- Riders pack posted out prior to the event – no need to register on the day
- Mechanical support
- Motorcycling marshalling
- Medical support
- Free car park at start/finish venue
- Sweep vehicle for those who cannot complete the route
- Electronic chip timing
- Results texted to your mobile phone as you cross the line
Event Location: Port Talbot