The Telegraph London Cycle Sportive powered by Maserati
The Telegraph London Cycle Sportive powered by Maserati takes in many important landmarks from London’s Olympic history including a unique finish on the 1948 Olympic Velodrome at Herne Hill. The Velodrome has easy access for a London sportive, only 20 minutes from London Victoria.
48 - 166KM
The ride will start in the picturesque Dulwich Park, just a stone’s throw away from the iconic finish at the Velodrome, and the route goes out to the stunning Surrey Hills taking in Box Hill as cycled on by Mark Cavendish and Lizzie Armitstead in the 2012 Olympics.
To top it all this year, we’re putting on a proper party at the finish to create a truly unique experience as you enter a buzzing Herne Hill Velodrome for your timed lap of the track and then celebrate completing your ride in style. There’ll be a lots of supporters, a live band, a sizzling BBQ and, most importantly, a well-stocked bar. For craft-beer aficionados, the Friends of Herne Hill Velodrome will also be there lubricating proceedings with their delicious FHHV 1891 IPA. You won’t find a sportive finish like it anywhere else! Even if the weather doesn’t play ball, we’ll have a huge beer-festival style marquee in the track centre to make sure the fun goes ahead regardless.
- Stunning route taking in the beautiful Surrey Hills and landmarks from London’s Olympic history
- Fantastic finish venue at Herne Hill Velodrome
- Cyclists have the chance to tackle Box Hill
- Activities for all the family at the finish venue
- Event packs sent out in the post – no need to register on the day
- Mechanical support
- Medical support
- Sweep vehicle for those who cannot complete the route
- Finisher’s medal
- Post-ride entertainment with a live band
Event Location: Herne Hill Velodrome, 104 Burbage Rd, London, SE249 HE