If you’re looking for a light yet filling breakfast, sausage and egg muffins are a tempting choice. Avoid the fast food calories by trying out this healthier recipe from personal trainer John Thompson - taken from his upcoming ebook, To A Leaner Physique.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
1 lb. breakfast turkey sausage 6 egg whites
1 green onion, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 6 holes of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Divide the sausage into 6 portions, and place each por- tion into the empty cups of a muffin tin. Use your hands to push the sausage around the bottom and up the sides of the tin, creating a “crust” for the egg to bake in.
- Put the egg whites into each sausage crust. For a scram- bled variation, whisk the eggs before pouring in.
- Top with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and a few slices of green onion.
- Bake until the eggs are set, about 30 minutes.
This recipe was created by John Thompson