Prep Time: 20 minutes
3 chicken breasts
2 carrots, sliced
1 onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 c. orange juice
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 c. green olives, pitted
1 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
16oz mushrooms washed then patted dry
Citrus Chicken Cooking Instructions
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Over medium-high heat, cook 4 chicken thighs in
- cooking spray, 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken; wipe pan clean. Repeat with more cooking spray and 4 chicken thighs. Reserve 1 Tbsp. drippings.
- Reduce heat to medium; add carrots, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Stir in orange juice, lemon juice, and cumin. Increase heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and olives. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until meat is tender. Just before serving, stir in parsley.
Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Add butter and garlic to a small dish then microwave until melted, 30 seconds. Trim ends off mushrooms and place cap side down in a baking dish.
- Drizzle each cap with garlic butter, then season tops with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until tender, basting mushrooms with butter in the bottom of the skillet halfway through.